- Forty state attorneys general wrote a letter to the FDA urging the agency to regulate e-cigarettes, for the children.
- Disney World canceled a program that let disabled children get in front of lines after an outcry over the resale market for those privileges.
- A series of drone crashes there have forced the US to move its fleet out of Djibouti.
- Iran's new president avoided the anti-Israeli rhetoric that was typical of his predecessor at his first UN speech, but the Israeli delegation walked out anyway. On the sidelines, Hasan Rouhani met with the French president but not with President Obama.
- A joint statement by eleven Islamist rebel groups in Syria rejects the authority of the National Coalition, the main rebel umbrella group in the country.
- Canada and Japan agreed in principle on setting up a Canadian military logistics base on Japanese territory.
- The death toll in Pakistan's magnitude 7.7 earthquake has risen to at least 230.
- A shipment of gold headed from Paris to Zurich on an Air France flight arrived 44 kilograms short. Authorities suspect the apparent theft was an inside job.
- A former Disney animator has found the second photograph of Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg ever discovered. The animator said when he discovered the blurry image he felt like he knew Lincoln and that the former president was a good man.
Amy Coney Barrett Condemns Purdue University's 'Fundamentally Unfair' Adjudication of Sexual Assault Claims
The opinion, which suggests a strong concern about due process, will nevertheless be cited as evidence of the SCOTUS nominee's "uniformly conservative" record.
Amy Coney Barrett Demolishes the Qualified Immunity Claim of a Detective Accused of Framing a Man for Murder
The case is an encouraging sign that the SCOTUS contender is not the sort of judge who bends over backward to shield cops from liability for outrageous misconduct.
Amy Coney Barrett Thinks the Second Amendment Prohibits Blanket Bans on Gun Possession by People With Felony Records
The SCOTUS contender's 2019 dissent will alarm gun control supporters but reassure people who want judges to take this constitutional provision as seriously as others.
DC Circuit Rules House of Representatives has Standing to Challenge Trump's Diversion of Funds to Build his Border Wall
The opinion was written by prominent conservative Judge David Sentelle.