The al Shebab siege of the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, has been declared over. The death toll stands at 67 people (though there are still more missing), and three floors of the mall have collapsed. The battle lasted for four days. The battle continues on Twitter.
- Senate GOP leaders say they do not support efforts from within the party to stop funding of the Affordable Care Act, but Sen. Ted Cruz has taken to the floor to fight anyway.
- The president of Brazil has condemned the National Security Agency's behavior for spying on her country. You didn't need to be engaged in Internet surveillance to see that one coming.
- The U.S. Army is about to ban tattoos below the elbows and knees and above the neck.
- At least 45 are dead in a 7.8 magnitude earthquake in Pakistan.
- President Barack Obama is demanding that any United Nations resolution on Syria's chemical weapons stockpiles have "consequences" for noncompliance.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.