I just spent the last two minutes unscrewing two Philips LED bulbs from lamps in my home office. And then I came to my computer to write about it.
Why? Because the bulb has been recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission for posing an electrical shock danger.
"A lead wire in the bulb's housing can have an improper fitting, which can electrify the entire lamp and pose a shock hazard," reported the CPSC. (Hat tip to Energy Manager Today for catching the news.)
Reportedly, no one has been hurt yet. But the consumer agency recommended immediately taking out the bulbs and unplugging the fixture.