Edward Snowden accused the NSA of targeting journalists critical of the US government after 9/11. Dianne Feinstein, meanwhile, would like a restrictive definition of "journalist" for protections offered under a proposed shield law legislation. The crackdown on journalists in Turkey continues.
- 92 percent of federal employees oppose Obamacare.
- The Secret Service has released the first 100 out of 14,500 pages of documents related to their investigation of Aaron Swartz.
- Michael Bloomberg says New York City will appeal a ruling that found the NYPD's stop and frisk program unconstitutional.
- Missouri State Fair officials have banned for life a rodeo clown who wore an Obama mask for a bit.
- Cory Booker and Steve Lonegan have won their respective party primaries and will face off against each other in the special election for Senate in New Jersey.
- A 30-year veteran cop in Rhode Island has been charged with stealing $700 worth of gas.
- A new wifi system at the British Museum inadvertently banned access to Hamlet because it was "violent content."