Sen. Rand Paul, who has already co-sponsored legislation to loosen federal mandatory minimum sentencing laws, will work with the Obama administration now that Attorney General Eric Holder has endorsed the idea.
- Shockingly, after months of very interesting headlines, President Obama's approval ratings are headed for the septic tank.
- One-time Boston crime boss Whitey Bulger was convicted of a whole bunch of unsavory and bloody crimes, to the surprise of nobody. All members of the jury are reportedly still alive and healthy.
- The United States and Germany plan to hammer out an agreement to not spy on one another. Yeah. I'll take that with a side of encryption.
- Rep. Peter King added to his litany of crazy by insisting that referring to NSA surveillance as "spying" is "slander."
- Sen. Ted Cruz's father did his best for his son's presidential ambitions — in Zimbabwe or Iran, anyway — by asserting that gay marriage leads to socialism.
- India launched a home-built aircraft carrier, shortly after doing the same with a locally constructed nuclear submarine. Conditions in the region show every sign of turning…interesting.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.