- Sources have told CNN that there were dozens of CIA employees on the ground the night of the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi last year. It remains unclear what they were doing there.
- NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has a job offer from VKontakte, Russia's largest social network.
- Secretary of State John Kerry has said that the Egyptian military had been "restoring democracy" when they removed Morsi from power.
- The Government Accountability Office has discovered that the Department of Agriculture sent millions of dollars to dead farmers.
- An investigation by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism indicates that last year the CIA targeted rescuers at the scenes of previous drones strikes, a tactic United Nations investigators have described as a war crime.
- A judge has ruled that it is illegal for a school in Arkansas to arm its teachers.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.