Is today the day Anthony Weiner drops out of the New York City mayoral race? Nope.
- Speaking of sex scandal nostalgia, an audio tape of a sexually explicit message Monica Lewinsky recorded for President Bill Clinton has been leaked.
- A Saudi court has sentenced an activist to seven years in prison and 600 lashes for insulting Islam.
- In the U.K., a couple of right-to-die activists have lost their legal challenges to engage in assisted suicide. One of them died naturally last year, but his wife is continuing the fight on his behalf, and in behalf of others who may want to invoke the right to end their own suffering.
- The Bradley Manning case is in its sentencing phase now. Manning faces more than 130 years in prison, but the defense is trying to merge some of the convictions.
- A U.S. Bankruptcy judge is trying to stave off a drawn-out bankruptcy battle in Detroit, setting a deadline in mid-August for anybody attempting to block the claim to file their opposition.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.