Rand Paul slapped back at Chris Christie's attack on libertarians in general and Paul in particular.
- Glenn Greenwald challenges the NSA to deny Edward Snowden's snooping revelations under oath. Smackdown!
- Anthony Weiner vows to remain in the New York City mayoral race. Larfs in abundance.
- Syrian rebels are getting assistance from the West — western muslims volunteering for the cause.
- The mother of a man police said shot himself in the back of an Arkansas police car is challenging their story in court.
- The driver (read: engineer) of the derailed train in Spain has been charged with reckless homicide.
- The Pope says he "won't judge" gay priests. Which is probably smart, personnel-retention-wise.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.