Republican members of Congress are split over forcing a full government shutdown to block Obamacare. I vote: go for it.
- Please send Edward Snowden to us, Eric Holder tells Russia. We promise we won't kill him!
- Deposed Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi is being charged with conspiracy and espionage over his supposed ties to Hamas.
- GOP lawmakers from Pennsylvania are all for NSA data collection but opposed to Obamacare data collection. Consistency…hobgoblin…etc.
- As women start taking numbers to file complaints against San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, pressure builds for him to resign. He says he'll try some therapy. Hands-on, we assume.
- Marijuana is legal in the state of Washington, you say? Ha! The feds raid dispensaries, anyway.
- Another juror in the Zimmerman trial has spoken out, saying the defendant "got away with murder," even though that's the charge on which she found him "not guilty." Another juror already said she thought Zimmerman was justified.
- Eliot Spitzer's wife back him on the campaign trail? Doesn't look like it's going to happen before she's finished filling out those divorce papers.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.