- NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden is planning to meet with human rights groups today at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport.
- Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood has vowed to continue its campaign to restore Morsi to power.
- The Obama administration's plan to arm rebels in Syria is being delayed by disagreements between some members of Congress.
- Somali journalists are not happy about a media law recently approved by government ministers which they say will make it harder to do their jobs.
- The families of those killed during the Sandy Hook shooting could receive $281,000 each from donations.
- A Pennsylvania policeman has been accused of taking his kids shoplifting.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.