- Eliot Spitzer will face Kristin Davis, who supplied him with escorts during his time as governor of New York, in his race for New York City comptroller. Davis is running as a libertarian.
- The Muslim Brotherhood has rejected a proposed timetable for elections in Egypt.
- Greece will receive most of a bailout package worth 3 billion euros this month.
- Defense lawyers will be allowed to show that Trayvon Martin had THC in his system during his confrontation with George Zimmerman.
- Iran and Sudan are using Silicon Valley web monitoring tools that could be used for spying. So much for sanctions.
- New Orleans could lose its "Murder Capital of America" title to Detroit.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.