President Obama will be talking about climate change today, the latest attempt to drive the discussion to any topic other than the many scandals that have beset his government.
- Internal State Department documents obtained by Fox News suggest the decision on security levels at the U.S. facility in Benghazi was made at the highest levels of the department.
- A federal judge does not appear to be buying the government's argument that air travel is not part of a fundamental right of U.S. citizens.
- The U.S. knows nothing, despite more than a decade of war in the Middle East, says Ron Paul.
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the agency responsible for regulating MF Global, is preparing to sue Jon Corzine over the collapse of the company.
- The Russian foreign minister says Edward Snowden never technically crossed into Russia, remaining in a transit zone at the international airport, and so his government has no authority over his movements.
- Taliban fighters attacked the CIA headquarters and other buildings in Kabul, threatening the already precarious peace talks with the U.S.
- Fat Joe is sentenced to four months in prison for tax evasion.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.