Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan continues his charm offensive by comparing the protesters who are fed up with his authoritarian regime to terrorists.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ordered lower courts in Texas to review six death penalty cases to determine whether their defense attorneys truly put up a good fight.
- As Pfc. Bradley Manning's trial finally begins after years, the prosecutor opened by arguing the intelligence analyst delivered classified documents to enemy hands by dumping them onto the Internet.
- In Detroit, an officer is on trial for involuntary manslaughter for fatally shooting a 7-year-old girl during a raid in 2010 while being filmed for a reality television show.
- Students are reporting less bullying in schools and are much less afraid of being physically attacked or harmed. The report also notes a significant increase in police and security cameras at schools over the past 10 years.
- Flooding in central Europe has killed at least seven.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.