- The sequester is hurting Obama's approval ratings. Back in December when people were asked who they trusted more with the economy the president enjoyed an 18-point advantage over congressional Republicans. The president is still more trusted, but only by 44 to 40.
- The Florida Department of Education has found that charter school students outperform public school students in math, science, and reading.
- The European Union is considering a $13 billion bailout for Cyprus.
- The Obama administration, the "most transparent administration in history," has been given a C- for FOIA compliance by watchdog group Cause of Action.
- Xi Jinping is now officially China's new president.
- Scientists are confident that they have detected the Higgs boson, popularly referred to as the "God Particle."
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247.