- The U.S. and its allies are pushing for a formal investigation into North Korea's human rights record, a move human rights activists say is long overdue.
- The betting site InTrade has shut down trading. A vague memo from InTrade says that the decision was due to "circumstances recently discovered," and that these circumstances require investigation.
- The Air Force has removed data on the number of weapons released by drones from its website.
- Italian officials say that they believe the seven foreign nationals who were kidnapped by Islamic terrorists in Nigeria last month have been killed.
- One of the suspects allegedly involved in the gang rape that killed a young Indian woman in December last year has been found dead in his prison cell. Ram Singh, who shared his cell with three other inmates, appears to have hanged himself.
- Two American troops have been killed in Afghanistan after a police officer opened fire in a police station that American forces were visiting.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247.