Lawmakers in Colorado are considering a bill to compensate inmates proven to be wrongly imprisoned to the tune of $70,000 per year spent behind bars. They would have to be fully exonerated, not released due to a technicality, to qualify.
- A Berkeley City Council member has proposed a tax on e-mail to save post offices. The libertarian version of the Match Game would have a regular question that starts "A Berkley City Council member has proposed … ."
- Of course the death of Venezuela's Hugo Chavez has led to conspiracy theories of CIA involvement.
- A Town Hall in the Long Island area has banned booing, but not clapping. It is silent on yelling "Boooo-urns."
- The Papal conclave begins next Tuesday. 115 cardinals are there to hash it out. Insert Hunger Games reference.
- China would really appreciate it both Koreas would just chill out, just a bit.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247