Right-to-work legislationis being crafted in Michigan, with the support of the state's governor.
- Sen. Jim DeMint is resigning to lead the conservative Heritage Foundation, and he's encouraging South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to consider Rep. Tim Scott as his replacement.
- U.S. Attorney Jim Letten, who has earned praise for his pursuit of government corruption in Louisiana, is stepping down amid a probe of his staff, whose members are accused of anonymously criticizing public figures and commenting on cases on a newspaper's website.
- Afghanistan has been rated one of the most corrupt nations in the world, down there with North Korea and Somalia. Greece has been named one of the most corrupt in Europe.
- Washington is celebrating the first day of the legalization of marijuana with some pretty chill parties.
- So that's what happened to Tiny Tim: A raid on a sweatshop in India uncovered a pack of children enslaved and forced to make Christmas decorations. (Hat tip to Reason commenter Brett L)
- Support Reason's 2012 webathon today.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.