Egypt President Mohammad Morsi has reportedly fled his palace as protestors continue to object to his seizure of power and fear that the country's new constitution would give too much power to Islamists.
- President Barack Obama is insistent there will be no deal to avoid the fiscal cliff without raising taxes on the rich. He also claims that the government has already made "tough cuts," which will come as news to anybody who is actually paying attention.
- Police want Congress to pass a law to require phone companies to store private text messages for two years in order to help investigations.
- A North Carolina prison warden has been suspended over allegations that inmates were forced to rub hot sauce on their genitals. He was suspended with pay, of course.
- Iran claims it has captured a U.S. intelligence drone in its air space. The United States denies having lost any drones.
- A television station in Turkey has been fined over an episode of The Simpsons a regulatory agency considers blasphemous. Nobody tell them about South Park.
- Support Reason's 2012 webathon today.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.