A national group of obstetricians and gynecologists says birth control pills should be sold over the counter, no prescription required. Of course, the government would have to get out of the way.
- What's in President Obama's recently released cybersecurity policy directive? In response to a freedom of information request, the National Security Agency says … it ain't telling, cuz the document is classified. You should feel more secure already.
- Space is getting cluttered, so scientists have developed an "aerobrake" device to push unwanted orbital junk into the atmosphere where it will burn up. Yes, but can you attach it to your in-laws?
- The Chinese premier has essentially laid claim to all of the South China Sea which should make things interesting for a few years.
- Hostess couldn't cut a deal with its buggest union, so it's back to a planned demise for the maker of Twinkies (and cupcakes — let's have a little love for the cupcakes).
- Unemployment is down in most states, and it doesn't appear to be all TSA hires and political consultants.
- Los Angeles County sheriffs deputies say they shot Jose de la Trinidad when he reached for his waistband. Witnesses say that would have been challenging with his hands up in the air. His family wants an FBI probe.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.