Gaza bombing continues. Israel says it would prefer a diplomatic solution, but is prepared to invade if need be. Would invading result in more of fewer dead children and civilians?
- U.S. Customs wants to expand the number of drones it has patrolling the borders, or at least give a large sum of money to a government contractor.
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai has ordered a takeover of the U.S.-run prison at Bagram Air Base. He claims American forces are still detaining Afghans despite an agreement to hand them over.
- Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has launched efforts to reform his state's public employee pension system with a web site explaining how pension debt is consuming the budget.
- President Barack Obama stopped to speak in Myanmar today, the first sitting president to have done so. He praised Nobel Peace Prize Winner Aung San Suu Kyi and made note of the nation's reforms.
- Back at home, 58 percent of Americans think Obama is not going to be able to reduce the federal deficit any time soon.
- Those happy cows are lying: Dairy farms in California are closing down or fleeing the state.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.