- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is likely to step down after Obama's second inauguration.
- CIA Head and former general David Petraeus resigned, citing an extra-marital affair.
- President Barack Obama received 99 percent of the vote in some Philadelphia wards.
- U.S. Virgin Islands Senator Alvin Williams has been arrested, charged with demanding bribes in exchange for his support for various development projects.
- Condoleezza Rice is urging the GOP to actually adapt to demographic changes in the United States and not just trot out minorities (like Rice) to speak, while sending out messages about women's and immigration issues that turn these same people away.
- Colorado's pot legalization hits a snag due to technicalities over the state's taxation system. There may have to be another vote to give the state the right to tax marijuana sales.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.