Mitt Romney declined an invitation from Nick News to participate in a Nickelodeon special, citing time constraints, becoming the first candidate since John Kerry in 2004 to skip the event. The Viacom-owned cable channel runs a poll after their special, the winner of whom has won every election since the special started in 1992, with the exception of 2004. Obama won the kid's vote by 2 percent in the 2008 poll.
- The NYPD Commissioner endorsed a grand jury investigation of a police shooting of an unarmed motorist in Queen, but the Queens DA is already investigating because a grand jury is routine in police shootings like these.
- Convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky will be sentenced today. The former Penn State assistant football coach claims he's an innocent victim of a vast conspiracy.
- The British Ministry of Justice will be revising the law on using force to defend your home; homeowners will now be able to use disproportionate force, and not just reasonable force, to repel intruders.
- The Nobel Prize in Physics will be shared by an American and a Frenchman for the study of the relationship between light and matter on a quantum level (it's turtles all the way down).
- The skydiver Felix Baumgartner is set to break the record for highest sky dive, at 23 miles, and is expected to break the sound barrier.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!