- Britain's Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has called for a new emergency "wealth tax" — it's just temporary, of course. His colleagues aren't necessarily on-board.
- Send in the Marines! To Guatemala! To fight drugs! What could go wrong?
- New Zealand took the first step to legalize gay marriage, while Brazil makes the whole idea of civil unions very Brazilian by granting official status to a relationship between one man and two women.
- That unauthorized and controversial book by a Navy SEAL about the Osama bin Laden raid appears to tell a different tale than the official story. That official version is told in a movie that the White House was very eager to back.
- Arizona's own Jeff Flake got the GOP's nod to run for the U.S. Senate. In the general election, he'll face Democrat Richard Carmona, who was surgeon general under President George W. Bush.
- The U.S. has become a destination for British parents who want to select their babies' sex. The practice is illegal in the U.K, creating a windfall for some American doctors.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.