The tyranny of Olympic training in China: The father of Olympic gold medalist Wu Minxia concealed for a year that her grandparents had died more than a year ago so as not to disrupt her training. She also hadn't been told her mother had been fighting breast cancer for years.
- A GOP filibuster has blocked the Cybersecurity Act. Opponents said the bill gives the government too much authority over business practices.
- Former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan has given up on Syria, resigning as international peace envoy to the nation as the civil war grows more and more intense.
- The Russian trial of the punk band Pussy Riot for singing an anti-Putin song has the nation fascinated. The all-girl group faces seven years in prison for hooliganism.
- Chick-fil-A claims record-setting sales due to day of support Wednesday for the company leader's views on "traditional marriage."
- The latest victim of the nasty, dangerous SWAT-team "prank": Miley Cyrus. (H/t to Hit & Run commenter and linkmaster SugarFree)
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.