Congressman Allen West's onto the President. "President Obama seems determined to punish and wipe out economic success in this country, leveling tax weapons of mass destruction on all taxpayers," the Freshman Republican said on the House Floor last night. West previously said he'd consider serving as Mitt Romney's running mate, but would have to have a "sit down" with the candidate first.
- A federal judge rejected a FOIA lawsuit seeking the release of the photos of the killing and burial of Osama bin Laden. "A picture may be worth a thousand words. And perhaps moving pictures bear an even higher value," Judge James Boasberg, an Obama appointee, wrote in his decision. "Yet, in this case, verbal descriptions of the death and burial of Usama Bin Laden will have to suffice".
- Two corrections officers are among three minorities suing the U.S. Border Patrol for engaging in racial profiling in the Olympic Peninsula along the Canadian border. "The Border Patrol's actions have created a climate of fear and anxiety for many people living on the Olympic Peninsula," said Sarah Dunne of the ACLU, who is filing the lawsuit in federal court. The Border Patrol's presence on the Peninsula increased 1,300% in the last decade.
- George Zimmerman's received about $200,000 in donations through his website. "You can really go through a lot of money on a case like this," said his defense attorney, Mark O'Mara.
- Generational shift? Samsung reported record profits on the strength of Galaxy Note and SII sales while Nintendo reported record losses on the weakness of Wii and DS3 sales. Meanwhile, Apple profit moves markets.
- The latest UFO sighting's on a NASA image of the sun, and probably a cosmic ray.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content!
Reason.tv: "Charles Murray on Why America is Coming Apart Along Class Lines"