- Senate Republicans want their House colleagues to curb their enthusiasm for reining in the cost of government.
- Free speech is all right and good, unless you disagree with Greenpeace about climate change, the organization helpfully explains.
- A medical alert device belonging to a man killed by White Plains, New York, police recorded an officer yelling a racial slur before the fatal shot. That officer and the actual shooter face unrelated brutality lawsuits.
- Jury nullification activist Julian Heicklen is now no less free than the rest of usnow that a judge has dismissed charges against him for distributing literature outside a courthouse. (HT Karl Hungus)
- With unemployment claims at a three-month high and home sales down, economists are turning a bit dour on the economy's prospects.
- With the fate of their healthcare law up in the air, some Democrats suggest the Obama administration should have spent more of its time on proposals less likely to be eviscerated by the Supreme Court.
- Today is the day to get your 420 on. That is all.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.