Newt Gingrich still has Secret Service protection, which is costing taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars a day. Ron Paul, meanwhile, is picking up delegates formerly supporting Rick Santorum, who suspended his campaign earlier this month.
- Russia's foreign minister condemned NATO for its timetable for withdrawal from Afghanistan as being "artificial" and too rushed.
- India tested a long range missile that could carry a nuclear payload more than 3,000 miles.
- France's Nicholas Sarkozy may not survive even the first round of Presidential elections, due to start this weekend.
- Eyeless shrimp and other mutated marine life are being found in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Texas Governor Rick Perry says he's probably going to run for President in 2016. "If I decide to run for the presidency in 2016, I'll be way in before the summer of 2016; 2015, even," he said.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.
New at Reason.tv: "Let the Private Space Race Begin!"