Internet pioneer Tim Berners-Lee warns that the extension of governments' surveillance power online is the greatest threat to the Internet and a "destruction of human rights."
- A mid-level Taliban commander turned himself in at a police checkpoint in Afghanistan after seeing himself on a wanted poster, hoping to collect the $100 reward himself.
- The blowback to America's drone campaign in Yemen could be starting.
- A lottery winner in Michigan is now facing charges of welfare fraud for collecting food stamps after winning a million dollar jackpot. Said Michigan's Attorney-General: "It's simply common sense that million dollar lottery winners forfeit their right to public assistance".
- Chelsea Clinton's struggling at NBC News.
- Tired of half-naked women posing on their roads and the theft of their signs, the town of Fucking, Austria, is considering changing its name.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.
New at Reason.tv: The Space Shuttle Era is Over (Thank God); Let the Private Space Race Begin!