NATO says the Afghan exit timeline remains the same in spite of Sunday's massacre of 16 civilians by a U.S. soldier. Meanwhile Newt Gingrich manages to make this tragedy all about American soldiers' lives.
- 39 percent of responders to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll "strongly disapprove" of Obama's presidency. Another 11 percent "somewhat disapprove."
- The Department of Justice says the Texas bill which requires a photo ID for voting is discriminatory.
- Today in bad-asses: The 71-year-old French doctor who co-founded Doctors Without Borders snuck into Syria last month in order to operate on some folks. He's also been known to wander into Vietnam, Chechnya, Iraq and other places more fit for fleeing from.
- In tech news, homeless people were all dressed up as wireless hotspots and it made the blogs uncomfortable.
- "Let's go for a long ride Sunday; let's go to the mountains weekends; let's read books in front of fires…" Richard Nixon posthumously confirmed as unsettlingly adorable whilst courting Pat.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.