- Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told Congress that Iran is upping its spying and its support for terrorism. Clapper also said the country has the capacity to build a nuclear weapon if and when it feels like it.
- Four more years! For the fourth year in a row, the U.S. will have a trillion-plus dollar budget deficit declares the Congressional Budget Office.
- The CBO also says that federal taxes will go up 30 percent by 2014.
- Many Western and Arab nations are pushing for it, but Russia is worried that a U.N. Security Council resolution condemning Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad and calling for his removal could push the country further towards civil war.
- Priorities: New York Police Department Commissioner Ray Kelly has banned his officers from wearing unofficial NYPD swag.
- California is on track to run out of money by early March. Needed amount of cash: $3.3 billion.
- Stop it: Newt Gingrich is being sued for unauthorized use of the song "Eye of the Tiger" while President Obama's rendition of Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" provoked fawning tweets from the producer of American Idol.
Ohio University's Radical Students Could Have Ignored Kaitlin Bennett. Instead, They Threw Liquids At Her.
The mob strategy is morally and practically flawed.
A Michigan Police Task Force Is Playing Jurisdiction Games To Avoid Compensating an Innocent Man Cops Put in the Hospital
The Institute for Justice calls on the Supreme Court to put a stop to it.
American Heart Association Journal Finally Retracts Study Implying That E-Cigarettes Cause Heart Attacks Before People Use Them
The journal's editors recognized the problem before publication, but the authors failed to address it.