- AP: "The regulator overseeing the investigation of collapsed securities firm MF Global built close ties to Jon Corzine as they rose through the ranks of Goldman Sachs. Later, they collaborated on Capitol Hill to pass an anti-corporate fraud law. When Corzine ran for New Jersey governor, Gary Gensler gave $10,000 to the state Democratic Party, which was trying to get Corzine elected."
- Two teenage boys who had been gathering evidence in Pakistan in order to prove that the U.S. was killing civilians with drone strikes died Monday in a CIA drone strike.
- Chicago Sun-Times: "Reefer madness is a reality for some users."
- Jobs report is out, unemployment goes from 9.1 percent to 9.
- Sarah Palin, supporter of film tax credits, speaks at Disney World, one of Florida's largest recicipients of corporate welfare, about "crony capitalists."
- "Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane more likely on the interstate." Look for the TSA-run Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response program on a road near you.
Video: "Steven Pinker on The Decline of Violence & 'The Better Angels of Our Nature'"