- GOP Presidential candidates threw cold water on each other last night at the Iowa Fair Grounds. Any more debates like last night, and Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is going to be president.
- WaPo fact-checks the slap-fest.
- L.A. Times: "Fullerton's acting police chief acknowledged Thursday that the department had allowed police officers involved in a deadly encounter with a homeless man to watch a video that captures the incident before writing their reports about it."
- CNN: The Orange County DA who earlier this week said he was not going to bring the Fullerton Six up on attempted murder charges, and then said that he hadn't actually made a decision, is now promising "fair results."
- U.S. Special Forces trained Mexican troops in Colorado.
- Appointment to the congressional "super committee" charged with fixing all of America's problems makes for a great fundraising hook.
New at Reason.tv: "You're Killing Me! Was a police-related jailhouse death an accident or a homicide?"