- MoJo's Kevin Drum concedes that the "American public hates stimulus spending."
- President Obama seeks "middle ground" on torture, authorized the capture and two-month interrogation of a Somali terrorism suspect as an "alternative" to indefinitely detaining/torturing him.
- Waste and abuse in the unemployment insurance system reaches record levels.
- Tim Pawlenty's friends in Minnesota say their man has lost whatever charisma he had.
- UN report accuses Israel of using live ammo against Lebanese protestors in May.
- NYT: Economic, demographic and social changes in Mexico are suppressing illegal immigration as much as the poor economy or legal crackdowns in the United States.
New at Reason.tv: "The Killing of Allen Kephart: How the Police Lost the Trust of a Law-and-Order Town"