- Organizing with illicit cell phones, inmates in at least seven Georgia penitentiaries go on strike.
- Businessman Ian Norris gets an 18-month sentence for dubious obstruction charges.
- OpenLeaks, a new site in the WikiLeaks genre, is expected to go live today.
- AfPak envoy Richard Holbrooke is in critical condition following emergency surgery.
- RNC Chair Michael Steele reportedly won't be seeking reelection.
- The roof of the Metrodome collapses yet again.
- Another set of Nixon tapes, another batch of offensive comments.
- Coming soon in Bhutan: a road past the local Yeti sanctuary.
[Evening updates: The Michael Steele report turned out to be inaccurate. And the idea that OpenLeaks would launch today is looking pretty dubious too.]