- Obama will avoid Senate confirmation, name Elizabeth Warren as assistant to head Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission meets this week amid controversy over its move to the right during the Bush administration and recent focus on reverse discrimination.
- Boing Boing interviews Blog Del Narco, the anonymous blogger who is chronicling Mexico's bloody drug war.
- Obama promises Hispanic audience that he'll take on immigration reform.
- The Pope visits the U.K.
- Mayor Bloomberg wants to ban outdoor smoking in New York, too.
- Craigslist says it will shutter its "Adult Services" section for good.