World Net Daily jefe Joseph Farah kicked Ann Coulter off his event's speaker list
after she agreed to speak at HomoCon, a gathering sponsored by the conservative-libertarian gay group GOProud. Now Farah explains "this group is a camel trying to get its nose under the tent of a movement it perceives as a threat to the radical homosexual agenda that includes same-sex marriage and open homosexuals serving in the U.S. military, among other things." Take it away, Joe:
Here is GOProud's 10-point "conservative agenda":
- TAX REFORM—Death tax repeal; domestic partner tax equity, and other changes to the tax code that will provide equity for gays and lesbians; cut in the capital gains and corporate tax rates to jump start our economy and create jobs; a fairer, flatter and substantially simpler tax code.
- HEALTH-CARE REFORM – Free market health-care reform. Legislation that will allow for the purchase of insurance across state lines – expanding access to domestic partner benefits; emphasizing individual ownership of health-care insurance – such a shift would prevent discriminatory practices by an employer or the government.
- SOCIAL SECURITY REFORM—Bringing basic fairness to the Social Security system through the creation of inheritable personal savings accounts.
- DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL REPEAL – Repeal of the military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.
- HOLDING THE LINE ON SPENDING – Standing up for all taxpayers against wasteful and unneccessary (sic) spending to protect future generations from the mounting federal debt.
- FIGHTING GLOBAL EXTREMISTS – Standing strong against radical regimes who seek to criminalize gays and lesbians.
- DEFENDING OUR CONSTITUTION – Opposing any anti-gay federal marriage amendment.
- ENCOURAGING COMMUNITY ENTREPRENEURSHIP – Package of free market reforms to encourage and support small businesses and entrepreneurship in the gay community.
- REVITALIZING OUR COMMUNITIES – A package of urban-related reforms; expanding historic tax preservation credits; support for school choice.
- DEFENDING OUR COMMUNITY – Protecting Second Amendment rights.
Farah concludes with this chilling list of homosexualist dupes:
The organizers of the Conservative Political Action Conference, the biggest annual gathering of conservatives, has fallen for it.
Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform, who sits on GOProud's board, has fallen for it.
And now Ann Coulter, conservative icon, has fallen for it.
Who will be next?
Have conservatives learned nothing about insidious attempts to subvert movements for self-government, the rule of law and the will of the people from within?
Color me lavender, but wouldn't the country be like totally awesome if we did in fact adopt GOProud's agenda as outlined above? If that agenda doesn't fit into a conservative game plan, cons should give up and go back to the early 20th century.