- Lone juror holds out on major charges, Blagojevich convicted on one minor count of lying to the FBI.
- Vietnamese economy flourishing, luring immigrants back home.
- Family of Kathryn Johnston awarded $4.9 million.
- Virginia officials arrest 13 people for violating ban on smoking in restaurants.
- Twelve percent of Pakistan's population displaced by massive flooding.
Frightening events create openings for attacks on civil liberties.
Biden's Recovery Plan Would Extend the Federal Government's Extraordinary Eviction Ban Through September 2021
Eviction bans were enacted as an emergency public health measure. They’re quickly becoming a permanent policy.
Massive Illinois Police Reform Bill Ends Cash Bail, Limits Deadly Force, Mandates Body Cameras, and Makes It Easier To Dump Crooked Cops
Unfortunately, qualified immunity remains intact.
The First Amendment doesn't come with an exception for "disinformation."