- Florida Attorney General and GOP gubernatorial candidate Bill McCollum unveils immigration bill to top Arizona's.
- Blagojevich jury appears to be deadlocked.
- Suspected serial stabber arrested in Atlanta.
- Iraq's top military commander says country won't be ready for U.S. withdrawal until 2020.
- U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker could allow gay marriages to resume today.
"You have a situation where a person owed $8 and lost their house. I mean, how is that equitable?" asked Michigan Supreme Court Justice Richard Bernstein.
A Michigan Man Underpaid His Property Taxes By $8.41. The County Seized His Property, Sold It—and Kept the Profits.
A state law allows counties to effectively steal homes over unpaid taxes and keep the excess revenue for their own budgets.
The Eighth Amendment prohibition against excessive fines and fees applies to states as well, SCOTUS rules, opening a new way to challenge outlandish forfeitures.
A newspaper staffed by the country's most famous journalism school says it shouldn't have covered a Jeff Sessions event.