- NY Times: Federal deficit threatens any future domestic programs, U.S. standing in the world.
- Obama budget includes modest cuts in farm subsidies. Farm state senator cries "too much!"
- Fannie, Freddie and their $3.9 trillion off-the-book liability likely to remain in federal government's custody for the foreseeable future.
- Concern on Capitol Hill over CIA policy allowing agents to moonlight in the private sector.
- Number of FHA delinquents jumped by a third last year. Taxpayers may have to bail agency out after new wave of foreclosures.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: