Reason Morning Links: Surge in FHA Foreclosures Looms, Moonlighting CIA Agents, Fannie and Freddie To Be Wards of the State for Years
- NY Times: Federal deficit threatens any future domestic programs, U.S. standing in the world.
- Obama budget includes modest cuts in farm subsidies. Farm state senator cries "too much!"
- Fannie, Freddie and their $3.9 trillion off-the-book liability likely to remain in federal government's custody for the foreseeable future.
- Concern on Capitol Hill over CIA policy allowing agents to moonlight in the private sector.
- Number of FHA delinquents jumped by a third last year. Taxpayers may have to bail agency out after new wave of foreclosures.