- Rural prison in Illinois will serve as new home for Gitmo detainees.
- Dems drop Medicare buy-in from health care plan.
- Canadian science fiction writer says he was detained, badly beaten by U.S. border agents.
- New report says G20 countries "haven't kept their pledge to abstain from protectionist measures."
- New campaign uses birth of Jesus Christ to encourage participation in the census.
I was one of the 153 signers and am a veteran of the Twitter wars. But even I was taken aback by the swift, virulent response.
Dallas Cops Who Joked About Pinning a Man to the Ground Until He Stopped Breathing Get Qualified Immunity
The decision vividly illustrates how the doctrine shields police from accountability for using excessive force.
Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Manipulators Are More Likely To Engage in 'Virtuous Victim Signaling,' Says Study
Plus: Protesters sue over alleged mistreatment by arresting officers, a new ruling on robocalls, and more...
The city has passed a new payroll tax on large employers that is expected to raise over $200 million a year.