- Shortly after escalating war in Afghanistan, Obama accepts Nobel Peace Prize, then angers the Norwegians.
- South Carolina lawmakers vote down impeachment for Mark Sanford, favor rebuke instead.
- U.K. slaps instant 50 percent tax on banker bonuses.
- Lobbying coalition makes push to allow cell phone use on airplanes.
- House subcommittee passes bill forcing college football to hold a national championship playoff.
- Key source for claims Iraq had WMDs was . . . an Iraqi taxi driver?
Officials claim doing business is a revocable “privilege,” but many Americans see it as a right that they’ll exercise with or without licenses and permits.
Without 'Much More Aggressive Shutdowns,' The New York Times Warns, COVID-19 Could Kill 'Well Over a Million' Americans
That scenario seems highly implausible based on what we know about the epidemic.
"I’m a vegetarian and I love dogs, like Hitler. But the only thing I have in common with Hitler are the good bits!"
Joe Biden announced today that Harris will be his Democratic running mate.