- Obama already having difficulty selling timetable for Afghan troops withdrawal; total surge may be closer to 35,000 than the 30,000 he promised.
- Only in Washington: Federal government paying contractors stimulus money to help the government spend the stimulus money.
- Iranian government threatening the families of critics and dissidents abroad.
- White House invokes executive privilege to keep Obama social secretary Desiree Rogers from testifying before Congress.
- French law pushed by President Sarkozy's party would mandate that women make up half of executive boardrooms by 2015.