Unconvincing Quote of the Week
"If I was president today, I would fire him."— John McCain on SEC Chairman Chris Cox.
The Week in Brief
– You bought AIG. How are you liking it so far?
– Short selling was banned.
– Neither candidate knew what to do about any of this.
– Sarah Palin promised to reform Washington by doing things that Barack Obama already did. (By the way, who thinks McCain would have chosen her if he knew an economic crisis was coming down the pike?)
– Barack Obama wrestled back the polling lead from McCain.
– Bob Barr won Texas. Maybe.
– Joe Biden waved the flag and an IRS form, at the same time!
Below the Fold
– Jonathan Chait remembers when Dan Quale was a scrappy average American whom those liberal elites just didn't understand. (He never hunted moose, though.)
– Daniel Hopkins does the work and buries the Bradley Effect.
– Phil Klein explains why we should have seen the meltdown coming.
– Daniel McCarthy wants a smarter future from the Ron Paul movement.
This week's Politics 'n' Prog was chosen for me. Shine on, you delirious precious gem.