Data geeks rejoice. Or kiss your afternoon goodbye. Particularly interesting are the little Google Maps mashups that accompany each list. A few of my favorites, after spending way too much time poking around the lists last night:
• The map showing the places where people are most likely to drink alcohol looks a lot like the map showing the healthiest counties. And the map showing the places were people were least likely to drink looks a lot like the map showing the least healthy counties.
• Flagstaff, Arizona is one of the 101 coldest cities in the country.
• If you like to drink, move to Austin.
• African immigrants seem to settle in and around Washington, D.C. (which also boasts the most delicious Ethiopian restaurants in the world). The odd exception is Clarkston, Georgia, which has the highest proportion of native-born East Africans in the country.
• One in four of the 88,000 people in Westminster, California is native-born Vietnamese.
Feel free to add your own nuggets of gee-whiz demographic wisdom in the comments section.