• FILMING OF ATLAS SHRUGGED—STATUS REPORT: REASON reported last month that the widely-publicized agreement between Ayn Rand and producer Al Ruddy concerning the filming of ATLAS SHRUGGED is not yet final. As we go to press, negotiations are still in progress. REASON is following developments closely, and will continue to keep readers advised.
• REASON PROFILES: This month, REASON inaugurates a new regular feature, REASON PROFILES. The column will give a personal glimpse at individuals who are making significant contributions to libertarian thought and action. REASON Associate Editor Bob Poole is this month's subject. Forthcoming profiles will include both younger and veteran exponents of freedom. We invite readers to send us suggestions for future REASON PROFILES.
• CAMPAIGN WORKERS SOUGHT: REASON editor Manuel Klausner is seeking help for his congressional campaign against Barry Goldwater, Jr. in California's 27th Congressional District, which runs from the San Fernando Valley (Encino, Reseda, Woodland Hills, etc.) to Oxnard and Camarillo. Anyone interested in assisting on the campaign can contact Mr. Klausner directly at 555 So. Flower St., 26th floor, Los Angeles, California 90071.
• SAN DIEGO TEN: 300 people contributed nearly $2,000 at a dinner on July 15 in San Diego to kick off a fund drive to raise $35,000 for legal fees to defend the San Diego Ten, who were arrested on conspiracy charges by the Treasury Department after a demonstration and brief struggle occurred outside the warehouse of John Heck on May 9. The demonstration was to protest and draw media coverage to the seizure of Heck's property for nonpayment of $8,000 in back taxes. The demonstrators protested the seizure as illegal because of the consistent violation of certain constitutional rights by the IRS. Donations may be sent to the Libertarian Defense and Education Fund, Suite K, 2550 Via Tejon, Palos Verdes Peninsula, California, 90274.
• REASON IN LIBRARIES: Over fifteen libraries throughout the country are now receiving subscriptions to REASON, thanks in part to the generosity of REASON readers who have contributed gift subscriptions. In order to help extend the list of library subscribers, REASON will publish in this column the names of all persons donating gift subscriptions to libraries. In addition, a complementary one-year REASON subscription or renewal will be given to each of our readers who donate three one-year library subscriptions before Election Day, November 7, 1972.
This article originally appeared in print under the headline "Publisher's Notes".