- arrived in Tel Aviv today for his first visit to Israel as president. Barack Obama
- The Office of Advocacy, an agency within the Small Business Administration, part of the Department of Commerce, says the IRS did not calculate how much Obamacare regulations would cost small businesses in dollars and hours, as required by a 1981 law. The IRS says small businesses aren’t required to provide healthcare coverage so the cost of the regulations wasn’t calculated.
- Rand Paul supports a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, according to the AP, while his advisors say the story is wrong. The AP says though Paul omitted the point that appeared in the prepared remarks, he confirmed the position afterward.
- Two presumptive 2013 Democratic candidates for New York City mayor, City Council Speaker Christine Quinn and Public Advocate Bill de Blasio, are sparring over what the position of an Inspector General for the NYPD, and its powers, might look like.
- The Department of Public Instruction in Wisconsin has been combatting “white privilege” in the classroom by explaining how white people are racist.
- Malala Yousafzai, who the Taliban tried to kill in Pakistan last year, returned to school, in England.
- An Al-Qaeda affiliate claimed responsibility for bombings in Iraq yesterday that killed at least 65 people and wounded 200.
- The Iraq War cost $2.2 trillion and there were nearly 200,000 people killed in it.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!