- Because striking unionized employees won’t return to work at bankrupt Hostess, it’s firing everybody and liquidating its assets. Its top creditor is the pension fund for its striking unionized employees.
- David Petraeus says he has no idea why the White House said the attacks on the Benghazi consulate were a response to an anti-Muslim film and not a terrorist attack like the CIA told them.
- As conflict in Gaza between Israel and Hamas gets worse, Egypt’s prime minister wants to try to negotiate a truce.
- A fire at an oil-drilling platform off the coast of Louisiana has killed at least two.
- Mars rover Curiosity has determined that human astronauts could likely survive the radiation levels there.
- We hope you enjoyed your brief respite from political campaigning. Now pay attention as GOP governors start jockeying to stay on voters’ radars for the 2016 race.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.