- New York area airports are reopening post-Sandy. New York City’s subway system will reopen on a limited basis Thursday.
- Meanwhile, an organization in Syria is saying that Hurricane Sandy was created with advance technology by “heroic Iran.”
- A sign of sanity in Greece? The parliament narrowly approved a law freeing up the government to privatize public utilities.
- Afghanistan has announced presidential elections in April 2014, a few months before pull out of the country.
- The Department of Justice has shut down the Bal Harbour, Fla., asset forfeiture program and is ordering them to return $4 million. The tiny police force is accused of using the money to pay for cross-country flights and to grease the palms of informants.
- N.J. Gov. Christ Christie is postponing Halloween until Monday in the state, though technically it’s not a government holiday and he has no say in the matter.
- Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Peter Suderman: Obamacare's 12 false premises and broken promises. Plus: The long, tortured quest for a conservative health policy.
- Consumers should drive medicine
- Jacob Sullum: Prosecutors disarm defendants by freezing their assets
- Ronald Bailey: The Aloha State’s dishonest anti-biotech campaign