The Reason mission is to advance a free society by developing, applying, and promoting libertarian principles—including individual liberty, free markets, and the rule of law. We use journalism and public policy research to influence the frameworks and actions of policymakers, journalists, and opinion leaders.
As the Associate Publisher, you will take an active role in all Reason magazine digital and print publishing operations and will focus on identifying new channels and partnerships to expand Reason magazine's distribution and impact.
- Manage print and digital paid subscriber acquisition, renewal, gift and upsell promotions, including audience identification, copy and creative development, testing, campaign implementation, and results analysis.
- Work with and oversee contractors to provide fulfillment, customer service, circulation management, newsstand, lettershop/mailing, list management, printing, and paper acquisition services.
- Manage existing relationships and find and secure new opportunities for licensing and syndication of Reason content with distribution partners, news aggregators, reference database services, education services, and other content distributors.
- Manage special distribution programs such as events, influential lists, public space, and other programs.
- Manage all elements of paid advertising campaigns for subscriber acquisition on various platforms, including management of Reason's Google Ad Grants and Facebook advertising accounts.
- Develop and adhere to budgets, review invoices and financial reports, prepare and/or review miscellaneous circulation reports, and prepare quarterly publishing reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Monitor industry trends, research, and past efforts to identify best practices for state-of-the-art digital and print publishing.
- Work closely with the publisher, advertising director, CFO, marketing and communications teams, and development team on projects aimed at building Reason's brand and reach.
- 3+ years of consumer magazine publishing experience.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving paid subscriber growth through content distribution partnerships and other new initiatives.
- Experience conducting email and direct mail subscription promotion campaigns.
- Strong familiarity/understanding of libertarian ideas and free-market principles
- Strong management skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial and digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Advertising sales experience is a plus, but not required.
Send your resume, cover letter, and work samples to: email@example.com.
Due to the expected volume of applications, we will follow up with the most applicable candidates but cannot respond individually to all applicants.